Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Saturday in the park...

Okay, this probably is so small it doesn't even bear mentioning but I can't help myself, I have to share it anyway.

Sunday, Mother's Day, we were heading to the park. Tim, Quinn and I decided to go to the park with Frankie the dog for a picnic and a little soccer playing when it cooled down at dusk. We made the decision last minute, lazed out and decided to drive through Carl's Jr for fast food for our picnic dinner. We were in the car in the drive through line when I made some comment with the words "saturday in the park" in it. At once both Tim and I broke out into song, the famous "Saturday in the park" by Chicago singing...

Saturday in the park
I think it was the 4th of July

That's all we sang but the inspiration hit us at the exact same time and we sang it together.

All we hear from the back seat from Quinn in a low voice is ...

"Ok, that just freaked me out a little bit..."

Tim and I laughed so hard at the way he delivered the line and I realized at that point that we graduated to the big geeky parents. When did that happen??

No comments: